Monday, June 16, 2008

A day late, but in honor of Father's Day

Cindylu asked, "Why does your dad rock?" Well, no better story comes to mind than the infamous Christmas 2006 James Brown story, originally narrated and recounted by my brother. Over a year later, the story still makes me cry from laughing so hard. I give you... an Xmas story, from my brother C's perspective:

11:15AM

Me: "Hey, James Brown died this morning."

Sister & Dad: "Uh huh...."

2:15PM

Dad: "James Brown died today. He was 74." (Brown is actually 73)

Me: "I know...I just....*sigh*...nevermind..."

4:15PM

Dad: "James Bond died today. He was 74."

Sister: "Not James Bond! James Brown! you know, the singer? (sister begins to sing) I feel good! da na na na na na na!"

Dad: "Hahaha! Oh, James Brown. It's too bad. he was a good singer. I liked his music."

6:30PM

Dad: "James Brown died today. He was 74. It's too bad. He was a good singer. I liked his music."

Sister & I: "...."


RIP James Brown. You will be remembered. Especially by my father.