Dear Democratic Party Super Delegates (especially uncommitted Asian American ones),
I hear you're supposed to be the leadership of this party, so I write this letter to you.
I've been registered to vote since I was 17 years old, but I never registered as a Democrat until this last year. I felt it was time for me to get involved in a political party to learn and explore what that means when I'm not a "Decline to State" voter. So here I am.
I was happy to hear there's an AAPI Caucus with the function of outreaching to voters like me. I haven't heard from you. I was excited to see that an Asian American is Vice Chair of the DNC. Cool! What's his leadership doing to engage AAPI voters? Not sure. That's ok. I know you don't have my email (I think) and I'm sure you're really busy. I'll still vote anyway. I even went to Nevada to check out the caucuses and have been organizing for the most exciting candidate I've ever seen in my life (ah-hem: Barack Obama), because he's inspiring and engaging people in ways I've never seen AAPI political leaders, or for that matter any political leader, do... ever. I made my first political donation this year. I'm even running to be a delegate for the convention in August! Yup... from politically aware I'm now politically engaged, but I still look up to you... Super Delegates.
I keep hearing about you Super Delegates, and how so many of you have lined up backing Hillary. Yea, she's cool and all. I like her too. I just like Barack better right now, so I'm happy to see that based on ELECTIONS and the POPULAR VOTE, Barack now has more committed delegates than Hillary.
Back in 2000 and 2004 I thought it was hella wack that the GOP stole the general elections. That was craziness. At least I knew i could turn to the Democrats... RIGHT!?
Well, here's my message to you now as a newly inspired and engaged Democratic party member and activist. If you STEAL the nomination away from millions of grassroots Democratic party members... then... DAYAM, who do I turn to?
I know some of you are hoping and praying that everything will be settled soon, but guess what? Obama has the mojo, 2 million+ more popular votes than Hillary, and I think the better shot of beating McCain.
So here's my last message to those of you still uncommitted: GET A SPINE!!
I know some of you believe in Obama like I do. I know some of you know that he'd be great for the party. I also know some of you are petrified to essentially turn your backs on the Clintons. Yea, I agree, they were great... but we need a movement now! Don't vote for a candidate just because you feel you OWE the Clintons or because you feel you have to be LOYAL!
