Saturday, February 9, 2008

"It's like Obama is the hip vote"

I've heard from so many friends who are supporters of other candidates that the only reason that I'm supporting Obama or the only reason that some of my younger friends are supporting Obama is because it's a peer pressure thing, that we're blindly following, or we're just doing something that is cool.

The first thing that comes to my mind is, "I'm offended." I'm offended that mainstream media is simply chalking off supporters of Obama as a brainless lemming following the crowd.

Back in August I had 2 separate conversations with 2 different friends - one Edwards supporter and one Obama supporter. Both had compelling arguments in support of their candidates, and for a while I was leaning toward Edwards. I didn't buy my other friend's argument that I should vote for Obama just because he was a great writer or because