In about 12 hours I'm finally off to the airport to leave Hong Kong to go home to the U.S.! I am not looking forward to the 15.5 hour flight! BLAH! But then it's time for the crazy last sprint home!
I'm going to NYC first. I got a presentation on Saturday at UCONN for the East of California conference of the Association for Asian American Studies. After a quick meet up with a professor from back in the day, I'm off to JFK again, to board a plane headed to Tampa, FL.
I've been itching to be back on the campaign trail! Obama-Biden '08 BABY! I'll be staying with a friend I haven't seen in about 3 years and reconnecting with another whom I haven't seen in 7! One thing I've learned from George's passing is that I really do not want to miss out on seeing friends for that long again if I can help it. Then... Election Day... AHHHHH!!!
I'll be heading to Jacksonville, Florida the day after election day for another conference. ASHE: Association for the Study of Higher Education (or something like that). I present on Friday morning. Then I'm finally finally finally heading back to LA on Saturday, November 8! YAY YAY YAY! I have never been so excited to head back to Los Angeles and to actually say "I'm going home!!!" Bring it on bring it on! Fires, smog, and the irritation in my lungs!
