This is the 2nd year in a row my mom, dad, brothers, and I are scattered around the globe. Parents are in Hong Kong at the rented service apartment in Hung Hom. Chester is working in NYC. Felix is in Mass. Both brothers are together for the weekend, but surely will be back at work and busy soon enough. So I chose to stay in LA again.
This Christmas was very fun. I spent it with my friend J, her husband, and J's family in Redondo. We had a blast, watching the Celtics-Lakers game, cooking dinner, playing Wii, and doing a white elephant gift exchange. Very fun family, with historically significant roots in San Francisco Chinatown. Yes, I geeked out a bit... "Did you go to Commodore Stockton School? Which middle school and high school did you go to?"
As much fun as I had, and as grateful as I was to have at least someone's family with whom to spend Christmas this year, I find myself missing my family. The last time we had Christmas with all 5 of us together was 2004.
So I've been praying the last 2 days, expressing gratitude for all the blessings I've received. I've also been praying for a few things.
1. Good health for my family in the new year.
2. Having my family spend Christmas all together in New England in 2009, happy and healthy. I would even tolerate the cold to do that.
3. To meet someone amazing, fall deeply in love, and to be loved back the way I deserve, because I think I'm a pretty good person. [preferably no Yankees fans... but I'm not too picky about that, though I probably should be, given my past record.]
4. For my single friends out there, I pray that they meet amazing people who are good to them, and that they fall deeply in love too :)
"Is there enough magic out there in the moonlight to make dreams come true?"
I'll just trust there is.
