Which of the following statements do you most identify with?
A) I'm ready to find someone to love.
B) I'm ready to find someone to love me.
Obviously there are other ways to communicate something similar, but I've just been observing the single person's frame of mind.
A couple weeks ago, DC and I were driving to my place and she said, "I'm really ready to find someone to love." That simple statement struck me. I wouldn't say something like that. I would say, "I'm ready to find someone to love me."
Does that make me selfish? If it does, then I have seriously changed A LOT. I've always been the person in the relationship to give love, selflessly. I would usually give too much of myself, giving up chunks of myself. I think in the last 2 years I've been reclaiming myself, pulling pieces back. I've re-possessed myself and learned how to be more self aware.
I just hope I don't become too inwardly seeking, like so many other yoga-girls in LA. But through yoga last week, it also dawned on me that "opening my heart center" is not just about being emotionally open to the world. It's also about giving back to the world through my open heart.
So, maybe it's better to identify with:
C) I'm ready to find someone to love, and can love me back the way I deserve.
