I'm leaving Los Angeles in a couple weeks... moving to West Hollywood! Like I said before, with the housing market crash, rent in places I couldn't afford 2 years ago is now affordable. The place is so pimpin'. I'm pretty excited. The place is 2 blocks north of Santa Monica Blvd. and 2 blocks south of Sunset, right by the House of Blues, and right by the Pride parade route.
My new roommate is my co-worker, who is leaving her 'hood in K'town which has also quickly become violent in the last year. She's a very cool, openly lesbian Vietnamese American, policy wonk. Our other roommate will be her dog MOCHI! I love Mochi! [new character: QC = Queer Chic]
When we had brunch in WeHo on Sunday to go over the lease terms together, we walked through the neighborhood and I got ridiculously excited about all the amazing restaurants and shops by our place. She, on the other hand, while also excited, was a little bit wary that we are moving to gay white LA, saying at one point, "I will take it upon myself to bring the diversity to WeHo!" Apparently, she is more of an anomoly as a queer woman of color in WeHo than I will be as a straight woman of color. However, our day in WeHo didn't really make me feel like there were a whole lot of people of color there in the first place.
Serious though... I am jumping out of my skin excited about being so close to the House of Blues... check the calendar. And for my first Pride weekend in June '09 (amazing right? I've never been to any Pride events and I've been in Cali for over 6 years!) I will be living in the heart of the queer festivities.
Speaking of queer-ness... anyone down for watching MILK with me?
With the wood floors in the spacious living room, we are going to have some fun parties. It's big enough to have a dj set up. Also, once the cash flow is back, I'm totally buying a PS3 or XBox360, so I can get Rock Band and... THIS!
And with that... My geek girl creds will be complete!
