Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Listening to my body

Occasionally I fall into an introspective, anti-social funk. I'm officially in one of those now. Some might call it a depression, but I don't feel depressed. Actually I feel quite content, but I just don't feel like connecting with people right now. I'm very content and peaceful right now, except for when I need to interact with people that remotely approach intimacy with me right now. That includes friends. I feel terribly about this but I have no desire to interact with people on a personal or in-depth level. Keep the conversations light and fun.

Yes, psycho-analyze me. I can predict that you psycho-analyzers out there will say that it's because it's a year since the most traumatizing break up I've been through, and I'm naturally in a "get away from me"/"leave me alone" state of being. Perhaps.

Regardless, I'm listening to my body, something I'm regaining in practicing yoga. In yoga practice you learn to listen to every little tweak, urge, pain... anything in the body. Tonight I was craving a big steak. After yoga, I went to pick up 4 decent (need paint) dinner table chairs for $20 in Los Feliz. Afterwards, I went to the grocery store and bought me a huge t-bone steak. I made rice with barley while showering. I steamed some greens, and pan fried the steak in butter, garlic, and onions. So satisfying.

My body is telling me to be with myself right now. What happens if I don't pull out of this state?

My resolutions in 2007 = heal, travel, live life at maximum speed --> done, done, and so done
My new resolutions for 2008 = continue to find peace, slow down, and travel